Day Handmade Gift Ideas
Thinking of Fatherís Day brings to mind an episode of
Bill Cosby in which his youngest daughter, Rudy, made
him a clay ashtray. ďBut I donít smoke!Ē he smiled. He
went on to thank her anyway and said he would use it as
a paperweight in his home office. Thinking of Fatherís
Day handmade gift ideas for kids is probably much easier
than for adults. Eventually we run out of ideas Ė but
they donít! Here are some ideas your kids may have
- Special t-shirt painted by the kids.
- A card made of construction paper and decorated for
- A picture frame made out of two pieces of cardboard
and painted by the kids.
- Dadís favorite cookies made by the kids with a little
help from mom.
- If dad is a golfer, why not have mom buy a box of golf
balls and have the kids paint their initials on each
- How about taking a small Xmas tree and turning it into
a Fatherís Day tree. Decorate it with his favorite
candies and cookies.
- Or if dad is a baseball or football fan, the kids can
decorate it by taking white Christmas balls and drawing
baseball stripes on them; and making cookies in the
shape of footballs using gingerbread dough! A baseball cap with dadís initial can adorn the top of
the tree, or you can find a mini sized football helmet
and add his name to it as well.
- More often than not, dad would probably receive a tie
as a gift. Well, make this particular tie special. Let
the kids be as creative as they want with paints and
- Does dad lose the remote control often? Why not make
him a TV remote holder using cardboard and fabric. The
kids can decorate the cardboard with glow in the dark
paint color, so that no matter where the holder is, he
can always find it!
No matter what Fatherís Day handmade gift ideas you come
up with, there are plenty of ideas you and the kids can
come up with. Donít forget the handmade ashtray; your
dad can use it as a paperweight, too!
Quiet Time Bible Guide
The Power of a Praying Parent
Bible Devotions for Bedtime
Teach Your Child
Get our FREE Newsletter
filled with information that will help you teach your little one God's
We also have a monthly prize
Zee's Memory Corner